-   -   Graphic Visualization of an ORACLE data on EXCEL (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/292369-graphic-visualization-oracle-data-excel.html)

MATHEW KING

Graphic Visualization of an ORACLE data on EXCEL

Hi Everone,

I am a new on EXCEL.
I am using an Excel to display the data from an Oracle database.
I am using several excel sheets in order to display various data from
an Oracle database.
For example: sheet one for displaying the oracle users information,
sheet two for displaying oracle files information etc.

I am using the following query for displaying the data in one of an
excel sheet:

QUERY:

select username, ''''||sid||','||serial#||''''
sid_serial,status,module, OSUSER "Workstations",MACHINE
Hostname,PROGRAM,
to_char(logon_time,'DD/MM/YYYY HH24:MI:SS') "Logon Time"
from v$session where username is not null and status ='ACTIVE'
/

Following are the data of the above query, which is dsplayed on one
of an EXCEL Sheet:

USERNAME SID_SERAIL STATUS DATABASE

TOM 656.989 ACTIVE TEST
THOMAS 123.989 ACTIVE TEST
………… ………….. …………. ………..

Now I wanted that the above data, only the Uername,Status,Database
columns would be displayed as a GRAPHIC-VISUALIZATION.

I wanted that Database Name and the Username and below the USERNAME
their Status will be shown on an EXCEL CHART.

I tried to make a chart on EXCEL but it did not get the complete
information as I wanted.

ON EXCEL SHEET, first I highlited the Colum "USERNAME" and at a
sametime the column "status" with all the rows,but didn't get the
desired result on an excel chart.
Could someone please give me the suggestion/solution that how to
disply the desired information on EXCEL CHART.?

I will appreciate if someone inform me about it.

Thanks

Regards

BILAL

Tom Ogilvy

Graphic Visualization of an ORACLE data on EXCEL

Charts are for displaying numeric quantities or perhaps percentages on a pie
chart. Do you mean a table? Perhaps you should select your data and do
Data=Pivot Table Reports and charts. Then walk through the wizard. In the
last dialog, use the layout button to layout the table you want to see.
There are also pivottable charts which can be tied to the pivot table. See
help for details.

Tom Ogilvy

"MATHEW KING" wrote in message
om...
[...]

.... ...... ..... .....

Now I wanted that the above data, only the Uername,Status,Database
columns would be displayed as a GRAPHIC-VISUALIZATION.

I wanted that Database Name and the Username and below the USERNAME
their Status will be shown on an EXCEL CHART.

I tried to make a chart on EXCEL but it did not get the complete
information as I wanted.

ON EXCEL SHEET, first I highlited the Colum "USERNAME" and at a
sametime the column "status" with all the rows,but didn't get the
desired result on an excel chart.
Could someone please give me the suggestion/solution that how to
disply the desired information on EXCEL CHART.?

I will appreciate if someone inform me about it.

Thanks

Regards

BILAL

MATHEW KING

Graphic Visualization of an ORACLE data on EXCEL

Hi TOM,

Thanks for your info.
I am using a table.I am not using numeric data for making charts.

Thanks
Bilal