-   -   "Cell" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/292147-cell.html)

Zoraida

"Cell"

How to split a cell in 2 or 3 rows (or lines). I just want to write a looooooooong addresee name and an address.

JMay

"Cell"

Try typing into a blank cell (without the quotes as shown):

"This is a test" <<hold down the Alt key and simultaneously press the
Enter key and continue with
"and this is a test line 2" << Repeat key assignment above
"and a final test line 3" <<< Repeat
"I can keep going, and going...." << A final enter places the text into the
cell

How's that?

"Zoraida" wrote in message
How to split a cell in 2 or 3 rows (or lines). I just want to write a

looooooooong addresee name and an address.

Gord Dibben

"Cell"

Zoraida

JMay's answer is right on the mark so no changes there.

However, I would caution you about entering all that info in one cell.

Makes it very difficult to Filter, Sort or use the names and addresses for
mailmerges with other applications like Word for labels and envelopes etc.

Separate cells for each part of the address allows more functionality for
manipulation later.

Name, Address, City, State, ZIP in five columns comes to mind.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"Zoraida" wrote in message
How to split a cell in 2 or 3 rows (or lines). I just want to write a

looooooooong addresee name and an address.

Zoraida Trejo

"Cell"

Hi there,

Guys, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. It works!
Anyhow, it is very important to keep in mind the second reply because I
am going to use it in mail merge (labels and envelopes).
Again, thanks.
Zoraida