-   -   Import .prn file to Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/291612-import-prn-file-excel.html)

meme

Import .prn file to Excel

Hi,

I need import several .prn files to my Excel worksheet.
How should I program it in my VB code so all these .prn
files can be imported automatically ?
Any hints is very appreciate!!!!
Thank you very much
Meme

Frank Kabel

Import .prn file to Excel

Hi
AFAIK you won't be able to import 'prn' files into Excel

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

meme wrote:
Hi,

I need import several .prn files to my Excel worksheet.
How should I program it in my VB code so all these .prn
files can be imported automatically ?
Any hints is very appreciate!!!!
Thank you very much
Meme

Tom Ogilvy

Import .prn file to Excel

Just to add, if, as Dave Peterson pointed out in another post, if the .prn
file is generated with the generic Text print driver, then the prn file is
all text (or if it is otherwise all printable text) then you should be able
to open it in excel and get meaningful information. In that case, just use
the file open dialog and open it using the text import wizard.

Tom Ogilvy

meme wrote:
Hi,

I need import several .prn files to my Excel worksheet.
How should I program it in my VB code so all these .prn
files can be imported automatically ?
Any hints is very appreciate!!!!
Thank you very much
Meme

No Name

Import .prn file to Excel

Then how about import .csv text file to Excel ?
Thank you
Meme

meme wrote:
Hi,

I need import several .prn files to my Excel worksheet.
How should I program it in my VB code so all these .prn
files can be imported automatically ?
Any hints is very appreciate!!!!
Thank you very much
Meme

.

Tom Ogilvy

Import .prn file to Excel

just do file = Open and select your file.

Tom Ogilvy

meme wrote:
Hi,

I need import several .prn files to my Excel worksheet.
How should I program it in my VB code so all these .prn
files can be imported automatically ?
Any hints is very appreciate!!!!
Thank you very much
Meme

.

Frank Kabel

Import .prn file to Excel

Hi
just open the csv file. Excel will normally do the conversion. And also
have a look at Tom's post. Depending on the format of your *prn file
you may be able to open it.

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

meme wrote:
Hi,

I need import several .prn files to my Excel worksheet.
How should I program it in my VB code so all these .prn
files can be imported automatically ?
Any hints is very appreciate!!!!
Thank you very much
Meme

.

Tom Ogilvy

Import .prn file to Excel

Go automate it, turn on the macro recorder while you do it manually. Then
modify the basic code to get the result you want. To find the location
(bottom) of the last file brought in and placed in the consolidation
worksheet

set rng = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("AllData").Cells(rows.coun t,1).End(xlup)

so you can open each file, then do

set rng = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("AllData").Cells(rows.coun t,1).End(xlup)
Activeworkbook.Worksheets(1).Range("A1").CurrentRe gion.Copy _
rng.Offset(1,0)
ActiveWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=False

Tom Ogilvy

meme wrote:
Hi,

I need import several .prn files to my Excel worksheet.
How should I program it in my VB code so all these .prn
files can be imported automatically ?
Any hints is very appreciate!!!!
Thank you very much
Meme

.

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Import .prn file to Excel

And another way to get those printable text files with a .prn extension is just:
file|save As|save as type
Formatted Text (Space delimited)(*.prn)