-   -   tracking a macro like the evaluate formula tool (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/291473-tracking-macro-like-evaluate-formula-tool.html)

rekoop

tracking a macro like the evaluate formula tool

Hello,

I would like to follow a macro through step by step
through the VBA editor or some other method. My macro is
not bringing up coding errors but the end result is not
what I expected.
I was hoping there is a process similar to the evaluate
formula option.
I am not an expert with macros so...any help is GREATLY
appreciated.

Chip Pearson

tracking a macro like the evaluate formula tool

You can put a breakpoint on the first line of code my selecting
that line in the editor and pressing F9. Code will pause when
that line is executed. Then, you can use F8 to step through the
code line by line. See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Debug.htm
for other tips on debugging code.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"rekoop" wrote in message
Hello,

I would like to follow a macro through step by step
through the VBA editor or some other method. My macro is
not bringing up coding errors but the end result is not
what I expected.
I was hoping there is a process similar to the evaluate
formula option.
I am not an expert with macros so...any help is GREATLY
appreciated.

rekoop

tracking a macro like the evaluate formula tool

Thank-you!

rekoop

.