-   -   what is this object called? - right hand corner of statusbar (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/291410-what-object-called-right-hand-corner-statusbar.html)

Squid[_3_]

what is this object called? - right hand corner of statusbar

In the bottom right hand corner of the status bar (right click). A user has
the ability to either Average, Count, Count Nums, Max, Min or Sum the
contents of the highlighted range. I want to be able to call that procedure
using an OnKey Method to copy that value to the clipboard. Then the user
could paste that value elsewhere in excel.

Chip Pearson

what is this object called? - right hand corner of statusbar

Squid,

I don't believe there is any way to retrieve that value.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Squid" wrote in message
In the bottom right hand corner of the status bar (right

click). A user has
the ability to either Average, Count, Count Nums, Max, Min or

Sum the
contents of the highlighted range. I want to be able to call

that procedure
using an OnKey Method to copy that value to the clipboard.

Then the user
could paste that value elsewhere in excel.

Tom Ogilvy

what is this object called? - right hand corner of statusbar

msgbox application.Sum(selection)

application.CountA(selection)

selection.Count

Application.Average(selection)

and so forth.

Tom Ogilvy

"Squid" wrote in message
In the bottom right hand corner of the status bar (right

click). A user has
the ability to either Average, Count, Count Nums, Max, Min or

Sum the
contents of the highlighted range. I want to be able to call

that procedure
using an OnKey Method to copy that value to the clipboard.

Then the user
could paste that value elsewhere in excel.

Greg Wilson[_4_]

what is this object called? - right hand corner of statusbar

The following will call the menu if it's of any use:
Application.CommandBars(49).ShowPopup

Regards,
Greg

In the bottom right hand corner of the status bar (right

click). A user has
the ability to either Average, Count, Count Nums, Max,

Min or Sum the
contents of the highlighted range. I want to be able to

call that procedure
using an OnKey Method to copy that value to the

clipboard. Then the user
could paste that value elsewhere in excel.

.

Tom Ogilvy

what is this object called? - right hand corner of statusbar

That threw an error in Excel 97.

Tom Ogilvy

"Greg Wilson" wrote in message
The following will call the menu if it's of any use:
Application.CommandBars(49).ShowPopup

Regards,
Greg

In the bottom right hand corner of the status bar (right

click). A user has
the ability to either Average, Count, Count Nums, Max,

Min or Sum the
contents of the highlighted range. I want to be able to

call that procedure
using an OnKey Method to copy that value to the

clipboard. Then the user
could paste that value elsewhere in excel.

.

Greg Wilson[_4_]

what is this object called? - right hand corner of statusbar

Substituting "AutoCalculate" for the number 49 should fix
it (I don't have access to xl97 so can't check). I
thought Squid might want to experiment with something like
the following in addition to his stated goal:

(In ThisWorkbook module)
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim Ctrl As CommandBarControl
Set Ctrl = Application.CommandBars _
("AutoCalculate").Controls.Add(msoControlButton ,
Temporary:=True)
Ctrl.OnAction = "TestYYY"
Ctrl.Caption = "StdDev"
End Sub

(In standard module)
Sub TestXXX()
With Application
.StatusBar = ""
.DisplayStatusBar = True
.CommandBars("AutoCalculate").ShowPopup
End With
End Sub

Sub TestYYY()
Dim Answer As String
On Error Resume Next
Answer = Format(WorksheetFunction.StDev(Selection), "#.00")
Application.StatusBar = "StdDev = " & Answer
On Error GoTo 0

Greg

The following will call the menu if it's of any use:
Application.CommandBars(49).ShowPopup

Regards,
Greg

In the bottom right hand corner of the status bar

(right
click). A user has
the ability to either Average, Count, Count Nums, Max,

Min or Sum the
contents of the highlighted range. I want to be able

call that procedure
using an OnKey Method to copy that value to the

clipboard. Then the user
could paste that value elsewhere in excel.

.

.

Greg Wilson[_4_]

what is this object called? - right hand corner of statusbar

I should have mentioned that "TestXXX" would be the
procedure called by the user (by a command button?)

Regards,
Greg

[...]

Vasant Nanavati

what is this object called? - right hand corner of statusbar

In XP, the index is 44.
--

Vasant