-   -   Userfrom code in written in Excel 2000 running in Excel 97 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/291079-userfrom-code-written-excel-2000-running-excel-97-a.html)

KimberlyC

Userfrom code in written in Excel 2000 running in Excel 97

Hi

I have a workbook that was written in Excel 2000.
It has a userforms with code behind it ....executed by a command button.
I sent it to a person running Excel 97 and every time they click on the
command button (on the userform) to run the code ...they get a run time
error message.
The code that starts to run is:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("TelephoneInfo").Unprotect (this is where it stops)

Is this due to the version differences?

Any help is greatly appreciated...
Thanks in advance!
Kimberly

Tom Ogilvy

Userfrom code in written in Excel 2000 running in Excel 97

Set the TakefocusOnClick property of the commandbutton to False. This is a
bug in Excel 97.

Tom Ogilvy