-   -   Summarizing several item values in one cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/291039-summarizing-several-item-values-one-cell.html)

Mats Westin

Summarizing several item values in one cell

Hi,
I've done a ForEach procedure that updates an output list
(based on names in column A, sheet Output) based on a
database (names in column A and values in column B, Sheet
Input). There can be several identical names in column A,
sheet input.

If there are several identical names in the "database", I
want to summarize those values in the Output sheet for
that name.
(Now I only get the last number in the database)

(Tom Ogily's suggestion resulted in the first value in the
input sheet that matched)

I appreciate any suggestion how to solve this?

Thanks!
Mats Westin

Tom Ogilvy

Summarizing several item values in one cell

I posted a follow up that should do what you want. Try it and post back if
you have a problem.

See your original post. By the way, this post is a lot clearer as to what
the situation is.

Tom Ogilvy