-   -   adjusting Y-axis (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/290987-adjusting-y-axis.html)

P. van de Zwalum

adjusting Y-axis

I have to make charts according an ISO-qualification. The Y-axis has to go
from bottom to top with a difference of 50, for instance from 0 to 50 or 20
to 70, this adjusting has to go automatically.
As far as I know the adjusting goes automatically by the data, when the data
exceeds the 50, the adjusting goes bigger than 50, and then the the chart
isn't according the ISO.

Tushar Mehta

adjusting Y-axis

There has to be a misinterpretation of the ISO standard. Clearly, no
standard for a generic chart can indicate that the range of the y-
values has to be exactly 50 units!

Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
I have to make charts according an ISO-qualification. The Y-axis has to go
from bottom to top with a difference of 50, for instance from 0 to 50 or 20
to 70, this adjusting has to go automatically.
As far as I know the adjusting goes automatically by the data, when the data
exceeds the 50, the adjusting goes bigger than 50, and then the the chart
isn't according the ISO.

Jon Peltier

adjusting Y-axis

Regardless, there are reasons one may want this scaling. Using Tushar's
AutoChart addin (http://tushar-mehta.com) or the process described on my
web site:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nkToSheet.html

you could keep a constant range from axis min to max.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services