-   -   look ups (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/290863-look-ups.html)

Tom Donino

look ups

I am trying to write code to program a button to look up
a stock symbol in column A on another sheet and write the
information on that row onto the next available row on
the master sheet. any thoughts?

Bob Phillips[_6_]

look ups

Tom,

Here's a thought

Dim oFind As Range

Set oFind = Worksheets("Sheet2").Columns(1).Find("abcd")
If Not oFind Is Nothing Then
oFind.EntireRow.Copy Destination:=Cells(Rows.Count,
"A").End(xlUp)(2, 1)

HTH

Bob Phillips

"tom donino" wrote in message
I am trying to write code to program a button to look up
a stock symbol in column A on another sheet and write the
information on that row onto the next available row on
the master sheet. any thoughts?

Tom Ogilvy

look ups

Dim sStockSymbol as String
Dim rng as Range, rng1 as Range
sStockSymbol = "ABCD"
set rng = worksheets("Data").Columns(1).Find( What:=sStockSymbol)
if not rng is nothing then
set rng1 = Worksheets("Master") _
.Cells(rows.count,1).End(xlup).Offset(1,0)
rng1.entireRow.copy destination:=rng1
End if

Tom Ogilvy