-   -   Lock a cell when a given cell contains data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/290796-lock-cell-when-given-cell-contains-data.html)

derdman

Lock a cell when a given cell contains data

I need to lock cell B1, for instance, when A1 contains data, an
vice-versa. I only want a user to have the ability to populate one o
the two fields so that I can write a simple sum formula.

Thanks in advance for the help

Frank Kabel

Lock a cell when a given cell contains data

Hi
one way: use data validation:
- select cell B1
- enter the validation formula: =A1=""

select cell A1 and enter the validation formula: =B1=""

Frank

I need to lock cell B1, for instance, when A1 contains data, and
vice-versa. I only want a user to have the ability to populate one of