-   -   question about worksheet protection using userinterfaceonly:=true (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/290791-question-about-worksheet-protection-using-userinterfaceonly-%3Dtrue.html)

David Brisco

question about worksheet protection using userinterfaceonly:=true

Hi,

I am unable to delete hyperlinks and/or add comments to cells with
VBA while my worksheet is protected with the option
"userinterfaceonly:=true". Is this by design? I am however able to
update cell values with VBA, but not through the UI, so it appears as
though it is working to some extent. I see that there is an option
named "AllowInsertingHyperlinks" when protecting a sheet, but there is
no "AllowDeletingHyperlinks" or "AllowInsertingComments" options. Does
this mean that until these options are added I would need to play the
uprotect/update sheet/reprotect game? I am aware that you must
reprotect a sheet using the "userinterfaceonly:=true" when it is
reopened after a save.

TIA,
Dave