-   -   Excel generation and PageSetup.CenterHeader (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/290717-excel-generation-pagesetup-centerheader.html)

lfb

Excel generation and PageSetup.CenterHeader

Hi,

I'm programming a web site from which I can generate Excel files (using
PIA).
I have no problem except writing Headers and Footers : I get a "printer is
required" error message when trying to execute PageSetup.CenterHeader...
The web site will run on a server where no printer is running. How can I
bypass this problem ? Can I create a sort of virtual printer or anything
else ?

Thanks for help,
Laurent.

Tom Ogilvy

Excel generation and PageSetup.CenterHeader

Just add and select a print driver in the Operating System. You don't
actually have to have a printer attached.

Tom Ogilvy

"lfb" wrote in message

I'm programming a web site from which I can generate Excel files (using
PIA).
I have no problem except writing Headers and Footers : I get a "printer is
required" error message when trying to execute PageSetup.CenterHeader...
The web site will run on a server where no printer is running. How can I
bypass this problem ? Can I create a sort of virtual printer or anything
else ?

Thanks for help,
Laurent.

lfb

Excel generation and PageSetup.CenterHeader

How can I select the printer ?
I use a Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass and I only find a
read only method "ActivePrinter" ?

"lfb" wrote in message

I'm programming a web site from which I can generate Excel files (using
PIA).
I have no problem except writing Headers and Footers : I get a "printer

is
required" error message when trying to execute PageSetup.CenterHeader...
The web site will run on a server where no printer is running. How can I
bypass this problem ? Can I create a sort of virtual printer or anything
else ?

Thanks for help,
Laurent.

Tom Ogilvy

Excel generation and PageSetup.CenterHeader

ActivePrinter isn't read only.

? activePrinter
\\ARDAPS01\1D343E on Ne02:

If I change my printer manually (as an example) then did
ActivePrinter = "\\ARDAPS01\1D343E on Ne02:"

it would change the active printer to that one.

Tom Ogilvy