-   -   Importing Text File (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/290676-importing-text-file.html)

Daniel Brow

Importing Text File

How do I import a text file with Workbooks.OpenText so that it import the text file into an already existing worksheet? Everytime I use Workbooks.OpenText it opens a new worksheet from the text file. Help is appreciated in advance.

Tom Ogilvy

Importing Text File

You can't. If you have Excel 2000 or later, go into Data=Get External Data
and select import text file.

Turn on the macro recorder to get the code.

the alternative is to use opentext, then copy the data to your existing
file, close the text file without saving changes.

Tom Ogilvy