Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help!!!!

Trying to determine header character count....

..LeftHeader = Replace(custname, "&", "&&") & " - " & chitem & " Report"

..RightHeader = "Page &P Of &N"

and my comments string that is to go into the header. I have assigned left
and right header as a string value so I said

comments + Rightheader.Count + LeftHeader.Count + comments

This value came to 253 within my 255 character limit but yet it failed
saying it could not do the header.

If I put in a 5 characters total for comments it works fine.

Any ideas on what I am forgetting to count?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What I am trying to do is determine how much characters the user can have to
type comments in for the header.

It will vary depending on how long the customers name is.

I know I cannot go over 255 characters.

"Vasant Nanavati" <vasantn *AT* aol *DOT* com wrote in message
Not sure what you are trying to do. Do you mean the following?:

Len(comments & Rightheader & Leftheader & comments)

Also, are you counting the spaces between the comments and the headers?

--

Vasant

"scorpion53061" <Its the end of the world as we know wrote in
message ...