-   -   Application::DisplayAlerts not working (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/290469-application-displayalerts-not-working.html)

Howard Dierking

Application::DisplayAlerts not working

I am calling the Range::Replace(..) function in Excel by an automating app. I would like to not have a dialog box come up if no matches are found for my search object. I tried setting DisplayAlerts == false, but this doesn't seem to have any effect. Any ideas??

thanks,

_howard

BTW -- writing in C# using office 2003 PIAs

Tom Ogilvy

Application::DisplayAlerts not working

In some versions of Excel, sending a DisplayAlerts command from external of
Excel, only is applied for that command - I believe this was fixed in xl2000
SR1. The recommended solution is to run a macro internal to excel where the
display alerts is set and the command executed.

Can't say if this is your problem, but may be.

Tom Ogilvy

"Howard Dierking" wrote in message
I am calling the Range::Replace(..) function in Excel by an automating

app. I would like to not have a dialog box come up if no matches are found
for my search object. I tried setting DisplayAlerts == false, but this
doesn't seem to have any effect. Any ideas??

thanks,

_howard

BTW -- writing in C# using office 2003 PIAs

onedaywhen

Application::DisplayAlerts not working

Howard Dierking wrote in message ...

I tried setting DisplayAlerts == false, but this doesn't seem to have
any effect. Any ideas??

In C#, isn't DisplayAlerts == false a comparison, not an assignment?!