Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Largest value in a range

Hi all,

Is there a nice non-array formula (or a more efficient array formula) to
compute the largest value (positive or negative) in a range such as this
one:

-5, 2, 0, -2, 10, -11.

In this case the answer is -11.

I use this formula but I think there should be something better than that.

{=IF(MAX(range)=MAX(ABS(range)),MAX(range),-MAX(range)))}

Thanks for any tips.

Milos.