-   -   Copy entire Worksheet how? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/290161-copy-entire-worksheet-how.html)

Stormin' German

Copy entire Worksheet how?

I create proposals/Bids. Each contains many different
formats, e.g. 3 pages long, some merged cells, different
width collumns, Rows, 12 , 14 and 15 pt fonts, bold and
italic, etc.
For the next bid I want to copy the first one to a new
work sheet with all formats preserved. Right now, i need
to re-adjust collumn width, sheet/grid, etc.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated...

Robert Rosenberg[_2_]

Copy entire Worksheet how?

Hold the Ctrl key and drag the desired sheet either left or Right. Release
the mouse first, then let go of the Ctrl key.

Alternatively, you can Right-Click the sheet you want to copy and use the
"Move or Copy..." command, making sure you check "Create a copy".

--
_________________________
Robert Rosenberg

"Stormin' German" wrote in message
I create proposals/Bids. Each contains many different
formats, e.g. 3 pages long, some merged cells, different
width collumns, Rows, 12 , 14 and 15 pt fonts, bold and
italic, etc.
For the next bid I want to copy the first one to a new
work sheet with all formats preserved. Right now, i need
to re-adjust collumn width, sheet/grid, etc.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated...

Gord Dibben

Copy entire Worksheet how?

One method....

Right-click on the sheet tab and select "move or copy".

Check "create a copy" and decide where you want the copy placed in the
workbook then OK.

Re-name the copied sheet.

*****Another method*******

You may wish to investigate the use of a default Template for the new sheet.

Open a new workbook and copy the bid worksheet into it. Delete other sheets.

Clear the current bid info from the sheet so's all that's left is formulas,
formats and any other constants like Titles, etc.

FileSave As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name
your workbook "SHEET"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as
SHEET.XLT.

Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

It now becomes the default InsertSheet.

More can be found on this in Help under "templates"(no quotes).

Gord Dibben Excel MVP