-   -   ScoreCard (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/290107-scorecard.html)

Mat

ScoreCard

Can anyone advise me on how to create a score card in Excel? I have a spread sheet that contains 12 monthly winners of a competition (ie column A1:A12 contains the 12 months of the year and column B1:B12 contains the winners of each month). I want to be able to use the information in column B to show me who is in first, second, and third place based on how many months they have won the competition. Makes sense? Thanks for any help.
Mat

Tom Ogilvy

ScoreCard

Put the unique list of winners (no duplicates) in C1 and down

in d1
=countif(B:B,C1)

and drag fill down.

You can use the Rank worksheet function to rank the results.

Tom Ogilvy

"Mat" wrote in message
Can anyone advise me on how to create a score card in Excel? I have a

spread sheet that contains 12 monthly winners of a competition (ie column
A1:A12 contains the 12 months of the year and column B1:B12 contains the
winners of each month). I want to be able to use the information in column B
to show me who is in first, second, and third place based on how many months
they have won the competition. Makes sense? Thanks for any help.
Mat

Mat

ScoreCard

Thanks Tom, but what if the team names are duplicated? In other words I have 4 teams that compete each month, so that it looks like the following

Jan Team
Feb Team
Mar Team
Apr Team