-   -   Excel 2000 macro error (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/290103-excel-2000-macro-error.html)

Bryce[_4_]

Excel 2000 macro error

I am using Excel 2000 SP3 on a Win 2000 system. I am
trying to get the filename with path to print in the
footer of a workbook. I found the following code online
to do what I want:

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.LeftFooter =
ActiveWorkbook.FullName
End Sub

When I 1st tried it a few months ago, it worked without
any problem. Now when I try to print or print preview I
get: Run-time error '50290': Method 'FullName' of
object '_workbook' failed and nothing appears in the
footer.

Does anyone have any idea why this isn't working?

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Excel 2000 macro error

Bryce,

Long-shot, but it might be wrap-around. Try this

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.LeftFooter = _
ActiveWorkbook.FullName

HTH

Bob Phillips