-   -   Crazy Combobox (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/290061-crazy-combobox.html)

Basil[_3_]

Crazy Combobox

I have a nutty combobox that is doing my head in

It is a control toolbox combo rather than a form one. The linked cell sits behind the combobox. Using Excel 97 on Win 2000

I have tried out this worksheet on 2 different PCs (same settings)

On 1 PC, when I initialy had the control set so that it would print, the control printed really really tiny for some reason (??) - if it didn't then that would be all I needed. So that is when I made the linked cell sit behind the combo. I made the combo not print (format control) - but then, although perfect on print preview, it crashed Excel when I tried to print. (an error in excel.exe stuff, closed down Excel on it's own)

I then tried it on the second PC. Here it didn't crash when printed, but every time you make a change on the combo it seemed to make the box a little smaller - until it was so tiny you could hardly select it. (there was nothing about the combobox size in the on_change VB

By the way, autosize is set to false

Doing my head in. This will be sent out to loads of external hospitals

Can you help? If I could get round the first problem - i.e. have the combo print at the size seen in normal view that would be all I need (I would have the linked cell somewhere other than behind the combo). Otherwise... well, any ideas what I can change to stop the mad things happenning. Why does it act differently on different machines that are set up the same

Thanks for any suggestions

Basil

BrianB

Crazy Combobox

I use now controls from the Forms toolbox whenever possible, the others
are bug ridden and tend to give problems as you describe.

Not so pretty - but leads to a quieter life.

---