-   -   pull down menu (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/289972-pull-down-menu.html)

ben

pull down menu

I am entering data into a field and would like a cell to
contain a pull-down menu to select from. For example on a
certain cell it would have a little arrow on the side and
then you could choose option 1, option 2, etc... Does
anyone know if this is possible?

Gord Dibben

pull down menu

Ben

Data Validation will do the trick.

For info and instructions see Debra Dalgleish'a site.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 08:04:00 -0800, "ben"
wrote:

I am entering data into a field and would like a cell to
contain a pull-down menu to select from. For example on a
certain cell it would have a little arrow on the side and
then you could choose option 1, option 2, etc... Does
anyone know if this is possible?

erin

pull down menu

On the data menu, click validation, then click settings.
In the allow box, click list, enter a reference to your
list in the source box (precede reference by =). Select
in-cell drop-down check box. Specify whether the cell can
be left blank. You can also specify instructions and/or
error message if invalid data is entered.

I am entering data into a field and would like a cell to
contain a pull-down menu to select from. For example on

certain cell it would have a little arrow on the side

and
then you could choose option 1, option 2, etc... Does
anyone know if this is possible?
.

R-Enemy

pull down menu

Which Excel do you have? I have 2002 and looked all over
trying to do the same thing but I don't think it's
possible.
I was looking at the Excel 2003 website and it says that
it has this feature.