-   -   Excel Database in shared environment (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/289955-excel-database-shared-environment.html)

Glyn Davies

Excel Database in shared environment

Good day,
I have a bunch of dumb users who need to update information that is in an
xls file created via the Template Wizard. The template works fine but
updating manually is causing problems (I did say they were dumb!). I have
tried making everything into macros (new record, edit existing record,
update record, etc) However this doesn't work too well mainly because there
does not seem to be a way of 'saving to database' programatically.
Forms would be good, but do they work in a multi-user environment?
Any ideas?
TIA
Glyn