-   -   Mapping macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/289895-re-mapping-macro.html)

Juan Pablo González

Mapping macro

You could use some of the functions provided he

http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=72280

to get a FuzzyMatch %, that is, how similar two strings are.

Juan Pablo González

"Daniel Bonallack" wrote in message
Does anyone know anyone who has made an effective mapping
macro? I have to match thousands of company names from
one list against thousands in another. For example, one
list might contain the name "Helix Technologies Co" and
the other list might contain "Helix Technologies Inc"
or "The Helix Technology Company", and I would want the
macro to find the best match that it could, based on best
matching number of sequential characters.

Thanks in advance.
Daniel