-   -   COM Interface and IDE caching (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/289863-com-interface-ide-caching.html)

mark

COM Interface and IDE caching

I create a simple interface in a com object

[Guid("02807777-4A83-48b3-B34E-B965264790E4")
public interface ISimpl

void a()
int b()

I build the object in Visual Studio and load the object from Excel. I can call a and b without any problems

I then change the object's interface to

[Guid("02807777-4A83-48b3-B34E-B965264790E4")
public interface ISimpl

void beforeA()
void a()
int newB()

When I build the project Visual Studio says that it unregisters the prior components and then proceeds to build and register the new component.

Looking at the typelib in OLEView shows the new interface definition is indeed available. Visual Studio however insists that the old interface definition still exists and only shows the old definition in the method completion popup. This is especially odd since the build uses the new definitions

Even stranger is that Excel also now does not have the new interface and calls to the objects new methods fail too.

Where are VS and Excel caching the old definitions and how do i get rid of the old info and load the new? I have looked through the registry and haven't found anything.

Thank

Mar