-   -   Moving the Command Button (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/289829-moving-command-button.html)

alexm999[_18_]

Moving the Command Button

I have a spread sheet which is scrolls from Column A to AV.
I have 2 very important command buttons which executes macros.

Is there a way I can get these Command Buttons to "follow" the user if
he/she scrolls either left or right?

For a better example, DHTML lets you scroll menus automatically, can
this be done in Excel?

---

Chip Pearson

Moving the Command Button

If I understand what you mean, this is not possible.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"alexm999 " wrote in
message ...
I have a spread sheet which is scrolls from Column A to AV.
I have 2 very important command buttons which executes macros.

Is there a way I can get these Command Buttons to "follow" the

user if
he/she scrolls either left or right?

For a better example, DHTML lets you scroll menus

automatically, can
this be done in Excel?

---

K Dales

Moving the Command Button

Don't think it is possible, but I can think of two
alternatives:

1) Put the command button on a userform and set the
userform's ShowModal property to be False
2) Create a custom toolbar and put a button that activates
your macro on the toolbar

The second is the easier of the two - look in Excel help
under "Run a macro from a toolbar button"

I have a spread sheet which is scrolls from Column A to

AV.
I have 2 very important command buttons which executes

macros.

Is there a way I can get these Command Buttons

to "follow" the user if
he/she scrolls either left or right?

For a better example, DHTML lets you scroll menus

automatically, can
this be done in Excel?

---

.

Rob van Gelder[_4_]

Moving the Command Button

I don't think it's possible to trap a user's scrolling events.

What you could do is create a floating commandbar.
There's a commandbar example on my website: Collection of Buttons.
Just change the Position argument to msoBarFloating.