-   -   capture paste event into a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/289736-capture-paste-event-into-cell.html)

No Name

capture paste event into a cell

I need to capture a paste event into the cell "A1"

i cannot seem to find the appropriate event for this

thank you in advance

- George

Tom Ogilvy

capture paste event into a cell

There is no particular event associated with pasting. You can look at the
change event, but I am not sure it fires for a paste in all versions of
excel. It did fire in xl2000, but the change event fires for any edit as
well.

Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message
I need to capture a paste event into the cell "A1"

i cannot seem to find the appropriate event for this

thank you in advance

- George

George[_18_]

capture paste event into a cell

right

so there is no way I can know if someone just pasted
something into my spreadsheet ?

wrote in message
I need to capture a paste event into the cell "A1"

i cannot seem to find the appropriate event for this

thank you in advance

- George

.

Tom Ogilvy

capture paste event into a cell

No built in event or method that will tell you this. You can certainly take
control over the application and prevent pasting unless it is under the
control of you macro.

--
Regarfds,
Tom Ogilvy