-   -   WorkbookOpen (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/289719-workbookopen.html)

James[_14_]

WorkbookOpen

I've tried using the help files, and the knowledge base,
but I can't figure out how to make this work.

I've got a simple macro that I would like to run everytime
a particular workbook is opened. It's just a routine that
updates a query, and then refreshes a corresponding pivot
table. It does this for 13 different queries and tables.
I've got a macro that works fine, but I don't know how to
make it run automatically when the workbook is opened.

I don't understand class modules, application events, or
any of this stuff that I've been reading. Please help!

Thanks.

Chip Pearson

WorkbookOpen

James,

The simplest way is to just name the macro Auto_Open. It will
run whenever that workbook is opened.

"James" wrote in message
I've tried using the help files, and the knowledge base,
but I can't figure out how to make this work.

I've got a simple macro that I would like to run everytime
a particular workbook is opened. It's just a routine that
updates a query, and then refreshes a corresponding pivot
table. It does this for 13 different queries and tables.
I've got a macro that works fine, but I don't know how to
make it run automatically when the workbook is opened.

I don't understand class modules, application events, or
any of this stuff that I've been reading. Please help!

Thanks.

James[_14_]

WorkbookOpen

Thanks Chip, that was easy!