-   -   excel vba date format prob. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/289717-excel-vba-date-format-prob.html)

jo11[_2_]

excel vba date format prob.

I have a problem with formating the dates in my macro, when the macro is
done i need to go into the cell and press <enter! but as I need this
action to take place in the macro, how do I do this??????

I have tried for a month and nothing happens!!

Y.S.
Jo

---

Harald Staff

excel vba date format prob.

Hi

Make sure your macro knows it's really a date before pasting by using a date variable. I
also suggest to use Dateserial for setting this, (y, m, d) , then you are independent of
the computer's regional settings and formats.

Sub Macro1()
Dim D As Date
D = DateSerial(2004, 1, 30)
Range("A1").Value = D
'and if you want to:
'Range("A1").NumberFormat = "dddd mmm.d yyyy"

HTH. Best wishes Harald
Followup to newsgroup only please.