-   -   Merge multiple cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/289618-merge-multiple-cells.html)

gasma1975

Merge multiple cells

Hi,

I would like to know, how can I merge multiple cells without loosing
the value and have a space between them.

Example: if A1=Text1, if A2=text2, if A3=text3, if A4=text4

Then I select with my mouse A1 to A4 and I apply a merge then I get in
the same cell: text1 text2 Text3 text4

Anyone know how to do such thing ?

Thank you,

Adi,

---

Sue Harsevoort

Merge multiple cells

You could create a procedure to do it. I think the following will do what
you want

Sub MergeAndCombine()

Dim curCell As Object
Dim strText As String

For Each curCell In Selection
strText = strText & curCell.Value & " "
curCell.Value = ""
Next

ActiveCell.Value = RTrim(strText)

Selection.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter
Selection.Merge

End Sub

Sue
"gasma1975 " wrote in message

I would like to know, how can I merge multiple cells without loosing
the value and have a space between them.

Example: if A1=Text1, if A2=text2, if A3=text3, if A4=text4

Then I select with my mouse A1 to A4 and I apply a merge then I get in
the same cell: text1 text2 Text3 text4

Anyone know how to do such thing ?

Thank you,

Adi,

---

david mcritchie

Merge multiple cells

If you want to merge a lot of cells in columns on a row by row bases
see MergeRxR_Join macro in
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/merge.htm
---
HTH,