-   -   Nothing? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/289406-nothing.html)

CK

Nothing?

What does it mean by setting an object variable to "Nothing"?

Thanks!!!

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Nothing?

Hi CK,

Nothing is a VB (and hence VBA) keyword that only applies to object
variables, and determines whether a variable has a valid object reference.
When an object variable is first created it has a 'value' of Nothing (or put
more accurately, can be tested to be Nothing), and when assigned via the
Set statement, it has a valid object reference.

I suppose it is somewhat akin to testing a string variable for blank.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips