-   -   Size of Excel workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/289387-size-excel-workbook.html)

Manisha[_2_]

Size of Excel workbook

Hi!

I am using VBA project in Excel 2000 to track the changes in the worksheet. The macro just stores the old value of the cell (value prior to change) and the new value (changed value) in a hidden and protected sheet. The code is having Digital Signature.

When I run macro (Enable macros), type data in some of the cells and save the workbook, the size of the workbook increases - almost doubled. After saving 4-5 times, it goes into MBs. Then the workbook is non-accessible giving not enough memory error.

Is this due to macro virus? (I have read about macro virus pdlt/Laroux for Excel 97. Also, there is tool to remove this virus for Excel 97 on microsoft site. But not for Excel 2000)

Please help...