-   -   Calculation based on lists selected (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/289376-calculation-based-lists-selected.html)

Supriya

Calculation based on lists selected

Hi,

I have validated a cell(Data Validation) where the validation criteria
allows a list and the source is 2 cells containing Y, N.
Now, depending on the list selected, a formula should be calculated.
ie. if Y, (B1+B2)-(A1+A2)
if N, (C1+C2)-(A1+A2)

I have tried a lot but in vain.

Pls help out.
Sups

---

Frank Kabel

Calculation based on lists selected

Hi
assuming that your validated cell is A3 and the target cell A4 enter
the following in A4:
=IF(A3="Y",B1+B2-(A1+A2),IF(A3="N",C1+C2-(A1+A2),""))

HTH
Frank

Hi,

I have validated a cell(Data Validation) where the validation

criteria
allows a list and the source is 2 cells containing Y, N.
Now, depending on the list selected, a formula should be calculated.
ie. if Y, (B1+B2)-(A1+A2)
if N, (C1+C2)-(A1+A2)

I have tried a lot but in vain.

Pls help out.
Sups

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Calculation based on lists selected

Supriya,

Do you just want a formula?

If so, assuming DV is in A1, it is

=IF(A1="Y",(B1+B2)-(A1+A2),(C1+C2)-(A1+A2))

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Supriya " wrote in message

I have validated a cell(Data Validation) where the validation criteria
allows a list and the source is 2 cells containing Y, N.
Now, depending on the list selected, a formula should be calculated.
ie. if Y, (B1+B2)-(A1+A2)
if N, (C1+C2)-(A1+A2)

I have tried a lot but in vain.

Pls help out.
Sups

---

Supriya

Calculation based on lists selected

Hi Frank,

It worked perfectly fine.
Thanks a lot

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Calculation based on lists selected

Frank,

If using DV, then it can only be Y or N, so the extra N test is superfluous.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi
assuming that your validated cell is A3 and the target cell A4 enter
the following in A4:
=IF(A3="Y",B1+B2-(A1+A2),IF(A3="N",C1+C2-(A1+A2),""))

HTH
Frank

Hi,

I have validated a cell(Data Validation) where the validation

criteria
allows a list and the source is 2 cells containing Y, N.
Now, depending on the list selected, a formula should be calculated.
ie. if Y, (B1+B2)-(A1+A2)
if N, (C1+C2)-(A1+A2)

I have tried a lot but in vain.

Pls help out.
Sups

Frank Kabel

Calculation based on lists selected

Hi
thanks for the thanks
Frank
Hi Frank,

It worked perfectly fine.
Thanks a lot.

Frank Kabel

Calculation based on lists selected

Bob,
definetly right. Was overcautious :-)
Frank

Bob Phillips wrote:
Frank,

If using DV, then it can only be Y or N, so the extra N test is
superfluous.

Supriya

Calculation based on lists selected

Bob,

You are right!
If there are only only 2 conditions, there is no need to specify th
2nd one.

It simplified my formula