-   -   Autofilters in macros. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/289283-autofilters-macros.html)

Brad Gover

Autofilters in macros.

Hello! I am trying to get my spread sheet to auto filter
specific data in a macro. I have a number of rows with
data in each cell across the row. When I want to auto
filter a specific row, I click on the auto filter, choose
the custom filter. Set the first field to an equal
statment. The next field is then put in by the operator
i.e., a record number. The filter then brings up that
specific row associated with the querried record number.
The problem is when I record a macro to speed things up,
it will not pause and wait for the operator to input the
record number. The macro just zooms past the blank field
and filters everything. Is there a way to pause when the
auto filter is brought up to allow operator input befor
filtering data?

Jim[_39_]

Autofilters in macros.

Hi Brad,

I would use 2 Macros, one before the needed imput from the user and one after.

I hope that helps.

Jim