-   -   set path for Application.Run (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/289215-set-path-application-run.html)

zSplash

set path for Application.Run

I have an addin with userforms that I am trouble accessing. I have tried
the following code:
Application.DefaultFilePath = "C:\Documents and
Settings\Username\Application Data\Microsoft\Addins\"
Application.Run "MyAddin.xla!TL.ShowUserform1"

I get "Run-time error 1004" - "'MyAddin.xla could not be found..."

Any suggestions, guys?

TIA

zSplash

set path for Application.Run

No, MyAddin.xla is not open. It's installed, but not open.

st.

"Jim Rech" wrote in message
MyAddin.xla is open right? If not, it has to be open before you can run
code in it. No reason to change the default file path, in fact, it's a

bad
idea unless this is just for you. Users generally don't appreciate you
changing their preferences.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP