-   -   Test for VBAProject Locked from Viewing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/289099-test-vbaproject-locked-viewing.html)

DennisE

Test for VBAProject Locked from Viewing

Is it possible to test from within my Excel program
as to whether the overall VBAProject is Locked from Viewing?
(I would like to branch one way within the program for knowledgable,
trustworthy users who have the unlocked version, but another way
for regular users for whom the code is locked from viewing.)

-- Dennis Eisen

Chip Pearson

Test for VBAProject Locked from Viewing

Dennis,

Try something like the following:

If ThisWorkbook.VBProject.Protection = 0 Then
Debug.Print "Not locked"
Else
Debug.Print "Locked"

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"DennisE" wrote in message
Is it possible to test from within my Excel program
as to whether the overall VBAProject is Locked from Viewing?
(I would like to branch one way within the program for

knowledgable,
trustworthy users who have the unlocked version, but another

way
for regular users for whom the code is locked from viewing.)

-- Dennis Eisen

DennisE

Test for VBAProject Locked from Viewing

Chip,
Thanks so much for your help; my
final version took the form

If ThisWorkbook.VBProject.Protection _
= vbext_pp_locked Then
[do this code for simpletons]
Else
[do this code for the cognesenti]
End If

(This requires early binding with vbe6ext.olb, but my program required it
anyway.)

-- Dennis Eisen