-   -   Getting Data From Sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/289074-getting-data-sheet.html)

slideman[_5_]

Getting Data From Sheet

Hey,
I made an invoice system that generate invoices.
I did it in excel, and now I want to do it as macro.
So far it going good to me, but I have problem.
I have a sheet that his name is "Comapny Info".
I need that when I put the name of the company in the cell, it will ge
details from the sheet.
I need it to work like Vlookup, but not with the Vlookup function.
Give an exmple:
Col A is company name - That I want to find.
after i find to name i want to take from col B and Col C the contac
name and from col B and phone from Col C.

Thanks for your help,
SlideMan

Tom Ogilvy

Getting Data From Sheet

Turn on the macro recorder and go to the Company Info sheet. Then do
Edit=Find and enter the company name.

After it finds the company name, then turn off the macro recorder. You can
now generalize the code to pass it the name of a company to find and remove
the select and activate commands so you get a reference to the found cell.
Now you can use that with Offset to retrieve the information you need.

Tom Ogilvy

slideman wrote in message
Hey,
I made an invoice system that generate invoices.
I did it in excel, and now I want to do it as macro.
So far it going good to me, but I have problem.
I have a sheet that his name is "Comapny Info".
I need that when I put the name of the company in the cell, it will get
details from the sheet.
I need it to work like Vlookup, but not with the Vlookup function.
Give an exmple:
Col A is company name - That I want to find.
after i find to name i want to take from col B and Col C the contact
name and from col B and phone from Col C.

Thanks for your help,
SlideMan.

---

slideman[_6_]

Getting Data From Sheet

I still didn't understand how can I get the cell number/Ref

tolgag[_17_]

Getting Data From Sheet

SlideMan,

Attached is an example. I hope it does, what you need.
There may be a need of small changes, to make it do exactly what you
want.
It's quite a simple macro. The only thing, which may put you in some
trouble (if you're not experienced in programming) is the logical
pointer.

Attachment filename: searchinvoicesexample.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=420318
---