Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
htb htb is offline

Default tokenizing equations

I have a need to tokenize a cell's contents. in the worksheet,
Cell.value is a string, but is actually an equation that's output from
various instrumentation.

The format of the cell is something like (the beginning text is
included):

"formulaic fit: RU = A + D [(1-G^2)/(Q/P)^n]"

The format of the equation does not change, although the variables may
be positive or negative, which further complicates the process since it
will change the equation's operators. What I'd like to do is populate
a range of cells with each of the six variable parameters (e.g. A, D,
G, Q, P, n) so I can do some further processing. I haven't found a
good way to do this in VBA-- any suggestions or examples of other
solutions for this problem?

TIA-
htb

---

Equations appear as text Dennis Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 June 26th 08 12:20 AM
Equations [email protected] Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 8 February 23rd 07 07:46 PM
Equations Result in 0 skimna7 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 6 March 23rd 06 11:10 PM
Equations Terry Excel Programming 0 September 17th 03 01:32 AM
Equations Brian McGuire Excel Programming 1 September 16th 03 10:11 PM