-   -   Determine data type for Pivot Field (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/288829-determine-data-type-pivot-field.html)

Mike Dudash

Determine data type for Pivot Field

I would like to know how to get detailed data type information from a
pivot field. The Pivot table is based on an OLAP cube from Analysis
Services.

I need to be able to format a number as either a currency or a count.
The source measure in Analysis Services has this meta data for the
data type but I cannot find it from within Excel.

I am using VBA to write a custom macro to do the formatting, and have
scoured the web, MSDN and various books, I just cannot seem to find
the answer. I have found the PivotField.Datatype property but it only
holds one of three values, Date, Text or Number. I need to determine
what type of number the field is, currency or count.

Thanks!

Mike Dudash