-   -   Licensing an ActiveX control (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/288697-licensing-activex-control.html)

Amy Chrestman

Licensing an ActiveX control

I am trying to create an MSComm32 object on a userform in
Excel2002. I have registered MSComm32.ocx but when I
drag the control onto the userform I get the following
error:
The control could not be created because it is not
properly licensed.

Please Help?

Keith Willshaw

"Amy Chrestman" wrote in message
I am trying to create an MSComm32 object on a userform in
Excel2002. I have registered MSComm32.ocx but when I
drag the control onto the userform I get the following
error:
The control could not be created because it is not
properly licensed.

Please Help?

You need to have either VB6 Professional or the developer edition
of Office to use these controls in the design environment

Keith