-   -   4th Repost with no answer, Urgent reply needed! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/288645-re-4th-repost-no-answer-urgent-reply-needed.html)

Jim Rech

4th Repost with no answer, Urgent reply needed!

Russ, anything is possible, but this is hard to do and would take a lot of
work and debugging. So there is no quick and easy answer unless by luck
someone had exactly the same need.

If I were designing this, I don't think I'd make it a "real time" copy
unless I had to. Rather, I'd give the user a button or something that says
in effect "I'm done, build the lists". Then I'd have the macro clear the
existing lists and rebuild them all from the master. I'd probably just work
down the master list and figure out where each record should go. Another
way would be to incorporate Data, Filter, Advanced Filter. Of course, if
you just want to see lists of one item then use Data, Filter, Auto Filter
and pick the asset type you want. This does a filter "in place". Advanced
Filter creates a list elsewhere.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP