-   -   advanced filtering (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/288578-advanced-filtering.html)

spence[_3_]

advanced filtering

i am using advanced filtering to filter a list. i am
filtering it in place. it is a 15 column table with
headings, so rows 1 and 2 are exactly the same as rows 3
and 4 respectively. one of the columns is a date
column. can someone tell me what i would enter in the
criteria range to filter the list for all entries made in
the month of january? TIA

Cecilkumara Fernando[_2_]

advanced filtering

Spence,
so rows 1 and 2 are exactly the same as rows 3 and 4 respectively.
What you mean by this?
anyway if your dates are in colA, A1 is header, and dates starts in A2
put this formula in a cell of a blank column with some empty cells above it.
=MONTH(A2)=1
select this cell and the empty cell above as the criteria.
HTH
Cecil

"spence" wrote in message
i am using advanced filtering to filter a list. i am
filtering it in place. it is a 15 column table with
headings, so rows 1 and 2 are exactly the same as rows 3
and 4 respectively. one of the columns is a date
column. can someone tell me what i would enter in the
criteria range to filter the list for all entries made in
the month of january? TIA

SuperJas

advanced filtering

Easy

he month of the date column using "=MONTH(date col)" and then use Autofilter to select all Months=1.