-   -   Drop down list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/288335-drop-down-list.html)

Ray[_10_]

Drop down list

Hello,
Quite new at this
Please bear with me
I know how to create a drop down list and validate it in say cell A5.
How can I automatically create another dropdown list in cell B5 dependent on
value selected in A5.
example:

If alphabet is chosen in A5 then list in B5 is a,b,c....etc
If numbers is chosen in A5 then list in B5 is 1,2,3......etc

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Ray

Debra Dalgleish

Drop down list

There are instructions here for creating dependent data validation lists:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Tom Ogilvy

Drop down list

See Debra Dalgleish's site:

Excel -- Data Validation -- Create Dependent Lists

Tom Ogilvy

Ray wrote in message
Hello,
Quite new at this
Please bear with me
I know how to create a drop down list and validate it in say cell A5.
How can I automatically create another dropdown list in cell B5 dependent

on
value selected in A5.
example:

If alphabet is chosen in A5 then list in B5 is a,b,c....etc
If numbers is chosen in A5 then list in B5 is 1,2,3......etc

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Ray

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Drop down list

Ray,

I have a template file for this whereby all you need to do is enter the
values for list #1 and the values for list #2. Mail me if you would like a
copy.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Ray" wrote in message
Hello,
Quite new at this
Please bear with me
I know how to create a drop down list and validate it in say cell A5.
How can I automatically create another dropdown list in cell B5 dependent

on
value selected in A5.
example:

If alphabet is chosen in A5 then list in B5 is a,b,c....etc
If numbers is chosen in A5 then list in B5 is 1,2,3......etc

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Ray

Gord Dibben

Drop down list

Ray

Debra Dalgleish has instructions for this at

Gord Dibben Excel MVP