-   -   Macros with shared workbooks (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/288326-macros-shared-workbooks.html)

Frank Haverkamp[_4_]

Macros with shared workbooks

I know there must be a good reason, but why can't I use the macros or
VBA code I've written when I ste the workbook to shared?

---

Jake Marx[_3_]

Macros with shared workbooks

Hi Frank,

You can _use_ the VBA code, you just can't view or edit it after you share
the workbook. If you need to view/edit the code in the future, you can
always unshare it, modify the code, then reshare it. Better yet, use an
add-in for all of your code, and the shared workbook can simply be a
"template" that the add-in uses.

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com