-   -   Exporting data to text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/288213-exporting-data-text.html)

ppatin

Exporting data to text

I have am Excel worksheet that I need to extract some data from into a
tab delineated text file. I want to write a program that will check
one column in each row to see whether or not that row should be
extracted. If it does, my program would need to get the data from some
but not all of the columns in that row, and then write it to a text
file. I have some programming experience, but haven't worked with
Visual Basic in several years and haven't created any Excel macros
before, so I'd appreciate any advice on how to do this. Also, does
anyone know of a site that'll give me some basic advice on how to write
an Excel macro?

---

Tom Ogilvy

Exporting data to text

http://support.microsoft.com/support...01/default.asp
Microsoft Excel for Windows -- Visual Basic for Applications 101

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#tutorials

Tom Ogilvy