-   -   Linking a text box to an external Excel workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/288126-linking-text-box-external-excel-workbook.html)

JENNA

Linking a text box to an external Excel workbook

Hi all,

I have a text box within a userform - and I wish to link the input of
this text box to a cell in a worksheet of an external Excel workbook.

So whatever is typed into this text box gets dynamically entered into
the external file/sheet/cell.

Also, is it possible to have this link functional if the external file
is closed at the point of this entry, or does this external file
always need to be opened first.

Thanks for any help.

Tom Ogilvy

Linking a text box to an external Excel workbook

The workbook would need to be open.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

om...