-   -   Extractind data from external database (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/288122-extractind-data-external-database.html)

TOMMO

Extractind data from external database

Hello

I am trying to extract multiple data sets from multiple tables in a
external database. Currently I have to Edit each query so as t
nominate the information I require.

Is there a way I can do this (using VBA/user forms etc) that wil
populate these editable fields for me without having to edit each quer
in turn?

Ta

onedaywhen

Extractind data from external database

The preferred method is to write a stored procedure in the RDBMS and
invoke it with the client passing the required values as parameters.
Use an appropriate control (textbox, combobox, etc) on the userform
and extract its Value property. Use ADO: a Connection object to
connect to the RDBMS and invoke the stored procedure (with parameters)
and rs objects to capture the resulting data sets.

--

TOMMO wrote in message ...
Hello

I am trying to extract multiple data sets from multiple tables in an
external database. Currently I have to Edit each query so as to
nominate the information I require.

Is there a way I can do this (using VBA/user forms etc) that will
populate these editable fields for me without having to edit each query
in turn?

Ta

---