-   -   How to change the first letter in Capital letter (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/288096-how-change-first-letter-capital-letter.html)

Eric[_6_]

How to change the first letter in Capital letter

Hi There,

Can anybody help me how to change the first letter of my
item description into a capital letter, in a macro, I have
more that 5000 item description that I have to be changed
the first letter into a Caps so that when I sort them it
will go together. It is time consuming to change it one
by one. Like company to Company, name to Name, etc.

Thanks for your help.

Eric

Ron de Bruin

How to change the first letter in Capital letter

Hi Eric

See David's site
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)

"Eric" wrote in message ...
Hi There,

Can anybody help me how to change the first letter of my
item description into a capital letter, in a macro, I have
more that 5000 item description that I have to be changed
the first letter into a Caps so that when I sort them it
will go together. It is time consuming to change it one
by one. Like company to Company, name to Name, etc.

Thanks for your help.

Eric

KJTFS[_28_]

How to change the first letter in Capital letter

you can loop the data so it will fit your layout but I would use
something like

Dim strTemp As String

Dim i As Integer
i = 0
Do Until Trim(Range("A1").Offset(i, 0).Value) = ""
strTemp = Trim(Range("A1").Offset(i, 0).Value)
strTemp = Left(UCase(strTemp), 1) & Right(strTemp, Len(strTemp)
- 1)
Range("A1").Offset(i, 0).Value = strTemp
i = i + 1
Loop

Keith
www.kjtfs.com