-   -   hex3dec (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/288094-hex3dec.html)

KevGrn114

hex3dec

I want to make a macro that copies a cell value that is in hex, converts it to decimal, increments that number by 1, converts that number to hex and then pastes it in the cell below.

The HEX2DEC command doesnt work from VBA module????

KevGrn114

hex3dec

Either that or I need to know how to get a macro to increase numbers counting in HEX....

Tom Ogilvy

hex3dec

application.Run "ATPVBAEN.XLA!Hex2DEc, Range("A1")"

from the immediate window:

Range("A1").Value = "FB"
? application.Run( "ATPVBAEN.XLA!Hex2DEC", Range("A1"))
251

so
Range("A1").Value = "FB"
vVal = application.Run( "ATPVBAEN.XLA!Hex2DEC", Range("A1"))
? vVal
251
vVal = vVal + 1

Range("A2").Value = Application.Run( "ATPVBAEN.XLA!DEC2HEX", vVal)

? Range("A2").Value
FC

Tom Ogilvy

"KevGrn114" wrote in message
I want to make a macro that copies a cell value that is in hex, converts

it to decimal, increments that number by 1, converts that number to hex and
then pastes it in the cell below.

The HEX2DEC command doesnt work from VBA module????

Chip Pearson

hex3dec

In Excel, go to the Tools menu, choose Add-Ins, and select
"Analysis Tool Pak VBA". This will load the ATPVBAEN.XLA add
in.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"KevGrn114" wrote in
message
Thanks again Tom, where is the ATPVBAEN.XLA supposed to be

loacated?