-   -   Counting in a range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/287981-counting-range.html)

serge

Counting in a range

Hi,

I would like to count how many times a new value is entered in a
range.

For exemple:
I have a range of numbers (A1:A100). If I put in a number in A101, I
would like to check via a button who many times that number is already
in de range.

---

patrick molloy

Counting in a range

don't need code for this, just use the COUNTIF()
worksheet function

Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP
I would like to count how many times a new value is

entered in a
range.

For exemple:
I have a range of numbers (A1:A100). If I put in a

number in A101, I
would like to check via a button who many times that

number is already
in de range.

---

.

serge

Counting in a range

Thank you for the answer.

But I would like to use a button so i think i need VBA for that
button.
Everytime a new value is entered, the button should count how many time
the new value is entered.

Serge

---