-   -   Default printer (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/287968-default-printer.html)

peterG

Default printer

Is there a way to check the current default printer, so
that if I use another printer (e.g. PDF writer), I can
reset the original one using

Application.ActivePrinter = "...."

TIA
peterG

DennisE

Peter,

You can't get or set the name of the default printer using Excel VBA code, but
it can be done using the GetDefaultPrinter and SetDefaultPrinter routines that
utilize API calls shown in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 246772

-- Dennis Eisen

Ron de Bruin

You can't get or set the name of the default printer
You can

Sub nameprinter()
MsgBox Application.ActivePrinter
End Sub

And you can set it like this
Application.ActivePrinter = "hp officejet k series on Ne00:"

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)